MS Windows 7 HP Password reset.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
If possible how can I reset the Password on my Laptop under 7 HP Windows. I am completely Stumped. I have been looking threw Google and searching these forums for I post I made last year but cant find it. I have no idea were its went and thus buried in the sands of time.. :p

I'm looking to reset the password on my HP 7 laptop and like I say I have searched Google but it keeps directing me to some random program and their not a cat in hells chance of my paying 20 bucks for this program as it will be getting formatted before I do that. :p :p

Any help and thanks in advance.

carnage do you know were I can download a legit copy of 7 HP ideally from Microsoft. Not some ripped off ISO copy from the likes of torrent sites so I can do a fresh install with a legit product key I have.

carnage do you know were I can download a legit copy of 7 HP ideally from Microsoft. Not some ripped off ISO copy from the likes of torrent sites so I can do a fresh install with a legit product key I have.

Check PM's.

See, that's what I strongly dislike about Microsoft Windows. You should be able to download the software freely from their web site. Most computers have the product key label on the side. I hate that it's always been recovery discs... the software is still legit so long as you have a legally obtained key. That's obviously MHO. ;)

See, that's what I strongly dislike about Microsoft Windows. You should be able to download the software freely from their web site. Most computers have the product key label on the side. I hate that it's always been recovery discs... the software is still legit so long as you have a legally obtained key. That's obviously MHO. ;)

I agree as well; and they have it available for Retail versions of WIndows...but OEM copies aren't covered by support for Microsoft - you have to go to the OEM manufacturer. And obviously if you buy your own OEM license from Newegg or another online place...then you're your own support line.

I agree as well; and they have it available for Retail versions of WIndows...but OEM copies aren't covered by support for Microsoft - you have to go to the OEM manufacturer. And obviously if you buy your own OEM license from Newegg or another online place...then you're your own support line.

WHICH is garbage because, at the end of the day, it's all still Microsoft's software... so yeah. Hate it. Apple isn't so picky about THEIR software. I'm just saying... :p

WHICH is garbage because, at the end of the day, it's all still Microsoft's software... so yeah. Hate it. Apple isn't so picky about THEIR software. I'm just saying... :p

They're even more picky, lol. You can't legally install it on anything except Mac hardware, otherwise it's against their ToS and thus illegal / invalidates your license.

They're even more picky, lol. You can't legally install it on anything except Mac hardware, otherwise it's against their ToS and thus illegal / invalidates your license.

Yes, but they freely provide their software and have provided free OS upgrades for every major OS update for how long now? Way better than Windows. Microsoft seems to be taking a lesson, though, seeing as how the Win10 upgrade is partially free for the first year. If they would just be it free for everybody, that would get everyone on board and updated. I think it would be a smart move for them.

The only other thing I would like to see Microsoft do that Apple has always done is make a single operating system. No more tiered garbage of Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, etc. One OS to run it all. In this day and age (keep in mind I haven't checked this feature in Win10 yet) you should be able to auto backup to a NAS drive from Windows Home Premium without having to upgrade. Just as an example... ;)

Yeah but Microsoft is a software company - so they sell their software to get revenue. Apple is less of a software company and more of a hardware company (or combination of both) - so they can tweak their OS to work with their systems and give it away as long as you're buying Apple hardware. So really the price difference isn't that much since you're paying a premium for the Apple name - the OS is just bundled with that price rather than "free".

As for different editions of Windows...it's kind of needed. Home users don't need domain, group policy, and all the other Enterprise / business features as it would just add unused blaot to the system.

Back
Top Bottom