MS Panoramic software! - ICE get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

I just dl'd this thing and it works great, and is free! I'm using it on Vista 32, so haven't tested for 64 yet.

This makes panoramic images...

you can either select the images and right click, creates a context entry for you to use
or open the program and nav to your images...

I love MS man :D

this needs to go in everybody's list of "must use" free apps :p

Okay but why? What if we do not want to make a panoramic image. This would be useless for us. :p

I know Microsoft has a site that does this as well. Where you upload the set of images and it compiles them. I cant remember the site name off hand. I found it in Linux and couldnt view it cause it needs Silverlight 2.

If i ever remember what it was i will post it again.

it's free man! :D
(edit: but I guess it's only good if you do like panoramic stuff...I imagine we all should take tons of pictures to make sure our memories of important and wonderful times are captured in all their excessive glory. It's slides for the modern age!) - hehe

I have canon software...it too is free, but sort of...comes with cameras and not for sale! how funky is that...could sell it for at least 10 or something :p

and you thinking of photosynth?
Photosynth

that's even more impressive...but online only...they need to make that a take home app...I would buy in a second...and maybe with installments :D

or maybe from the ICE page, HDview?
Microsoft Research HD View

make your own stuff and enable your sites for it...deep zoom stuff
I can't do it from home...dialup...sniff sniff boohoo :p

Yes i was thinking of Photosynth. Thank you for reminding me of what it was.

I am not saying that it isnt cool or useful to some. But a must have for everyone i dont agree with. I know that i have no purpose for panoramic photos. I just take multiple shots and let people figure it out themselves. :p

I did download it only cause i try out everything once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom