MS Office 2003 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmulder99

Beta member
Hi all.
I have never posted on a site like this before but could really do with someone's assistance with the problem I'm having.
I have a laptop which came with a free Office trial (2007 i think) but now that that has expired, i am trying to install the Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 CD i have from before i had the laptop.

The problem i now have is when i insert the CD and type in the product key, it comes up with the message:

"The product key you entered requires a version of Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP to upgrade".

I used to have a CD for Works 7.0 but have no idea where i've put it, and having looked for the best part of a month, i have decided to ask if anyone can assist me here.

I'd like to know if there is anywhere online i can download any of these versions free so i am therefore able to install the Office 2003 CD i have.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks

There is no free and legal download of any of the older versions of Office. The only version available for download right now from Microsoft is Office 2010. Sorry but it looks like you might have to pony up for the new version. Just a forewarning, Office 2003 doesnt play nice with Windows 7.

Sounds like you have an upgrade CD, not a full version.

As mak said, there are no free downloads of office. If you are part of the MSDN network or a microsoft partner you can download the software, but even then you are only able to download the latest version which would be 2010.

Thanks for your help guys. I was kinda expecting those replies but nice to have it confirmed. Guess i'll just have to stump up the cash for the new version!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom