MS Frontpage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroman

Baseband Member
Can somebody explane me something...

1. I'm using MS Frontpage for creating my web site (it is not released yet) and when I put the new form to my page - on the top of the page I get the note: '[FrontPage Save Results Component]' <- what is this? Is it going to be visible when site published?

2. Am I able to set Popup Window when somebody enter my site? How?

Please have understanding, I'm new in this - I dont have much knowledge - everything I have learned - I learned myself without any help!

Thanx

I havent used FP in ages so I might be a little rough around the edges so bare with me...

1a) Not a clue

2a) You can set up Pop-up Windows in FP. You can click the little tab that says 'html' at the bottom of the page and insert the code for one there and I imagine there is a way using the tools FP provides also. Just a matter of finding it...

In all, best of luck with the learning! :) Hope some-one else can give you a better description.

this wont show up/visible on your final web site.

this is actually:
as Frontpage use its own extensions to execute dynamic contect, therefore, the web server where you are uploading your files, should have frontpage extensions enabled. else they will not work properly.

you must have seen many times, the web hosts providing information about hosting solution, and u might have seen words written (FRONTPAGE EXTENSION SUPPORTED). these are extensions that are requirerd for the frontpage to work properly (the dynamic contec, like forms, some scripts etc etc)

that is the main reason, not many people like frontpage.

Yes I have seen that - so now if I want to release my site - I have to look for the hosting service with those FRONTPAGE EXTENSION - am I right?

I think so.

yup, definately.

unfortunately, installing frontpage extensions put load on webserveres for nothing, and so not everybody gives out extensions for frontpage.

and those who givem charge good price for that. better is that to learn actual form handling via perl/cgi or php , as EVERY paid webhost give out support for PHP etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom