MS Edge and that 'cortana'

KimKat7997

Baseband Member
I'll admit it. I'm getting older, I've never liked Microsoft's pushiness and it makes me that much more resistant to even trying their products. I'm a huge fan of chrome and have been using it for years, even beta tested it. So asking this question is very hard for me. Could it be worth trying MS Edge on the latest version of win10? Is it just MS propaganda that chrome is slowing down my Nebraska, U.S.A. boondocks DSL connection? Or could there be enough truth in it for me to bog down my clean install to check it out?

Side note, can I get rid of Cortana without breaking Windows???

The "being faster" Edge is referring it is talking about page load times, specifically loading JavaScript. Which yes, Edge is indeed faster than the other browsers currently. It's not stating that it's slowing down your actual internet connection.

As for trying it...that's completely up to you.

No, you cannot get rid of Cortana fully. You can disable it/not use it...but you can't actually get rid of it.

I personally use edge. Its simple and distraction-free. However, as of the latest win10 build, extensions are not supported

Websites don't have to support extensions - the browser does.

Unless you meant a lot don't support Edge? That's just nonsense - the back end engine uses the same rules as Webkit (Chrome/Safari/etc.) - it no longer uses the primary Trident engine (which is what IE used).

Back
Top Bottom