Mozilla Supports iPhone Jailbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jailbroken on the old iPhone meant you could use it on other carriers I was pretty sure. Whatever.

I wouldn't want to use it on other carriers anyway. I don't really see a point...now unlocking the potential for the programs and such, that's more appealing to me.

Well to me unlocking means using a different carrier and not having to use a data plan which is $20-30 per month extra. If I need internet I just use wifi

It's not at all good for the 'free games'. Just go to the app store. Much higher quality games and many are still free. But I agree on the themes.

I just bought my iphone last week, jailbroke it when I got home.

As much as I dislike apple for being retards, this phone is incredible.

And as far as the free jailbroken apps and games, I don't really care much for. Like nick said, the ones from the appstore are much higher quality.

EXCEPT THE NES EMULATOR. which rocks my socks. though Zelda 2 is really had without an actual controller in my hands. Lol.
And I like iRealSMS quite a bit too, though it wasn't free.

But yeah the themes and interface mods are what really make jailbreaking worth it.

Though I fear for my battery lol. Play with the thing so much i need to charge it daily >< There is no way the battery will last the length of the contract. meh.

the phone makes you want to play w/ it. Though I hate the fact that it can't do picture messaging unless you purchase an app for it.

Well to me unlocking means using a different carrier and not having to use a data plan which is $20-30 per month extra. If I need internet I just use wifi

That was something you could do with the 1st gen iphone but not the 3G one. Not yet any way.

Jailbreaking is ok. It's nothing specially with the exception of a few apps that I like that you cannot get on the app store. Winterboard is cool but it slows down the performance of the phone. I think I found one fully themed setup that had all the icons I needed. other then that most of the themes are lacking icons to match so then it throws everything off and looks bad. I have since uninstalled winterboard.

The one reason I think Apple will never allow it is because you can find any app (ipa) you pay for on the app store for free and install it via itunes if you know what you are doing. That means a loss of income for Apple. Sure they are not going to want that.

I broke my iTouch for productivity and so I could get a few choice apps on there to enjoy free wifi hotspots in town etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom