moving files out of different folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

myr707

In Runtime
I have alot of files in a folder but each of those files is in an individual folder. Meaning every time i open a file i'm opening two folders. The main folder and the file specific folder. Is there a way to move all the files out of their folders in to one folder without opening each folder and cutting and pasting it to where i want it to be? Thanks

From the original folder do a search for *.* and copy and paste from the search window. After you are done and have confirmed the files are all moved delete the originals

Unfortuantely i don't think theres a quicker way, just have the folder you want them in open and open and drag across from the current folders

only for safety. If something happens (power outage, blue screen) when you cut and paste you can loose some data. I prefer copy and paste then delete just to be safe.

From the original folder do a search for *.* and copy and paste from the search window. After you are done and have confirmed the files are all moved delete the originals

Thanks a million it worked beautifully, and saved me over an hour of boring work.
Office politics- yeah i did that, thanks

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I tend to be a bit overcautious when moving important data even with a backup.

The chances are extremely small but why take chances if you do not have to.

Its worth it, nomatter how absurd it sounds.
I was doig my English Coursework the other day. BOOM. Power cut :eek:

Thank goodness for MS Word Auto recovery :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom