motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What got really loud? Be more specific.

And if it wasn't initializing, that means it's either a video card, motherboard, or RAM screwing up. My advice would be to first take the RAM out and turn it on, see if it beeps (if it has a system speaker of course, check that first). If it beeps, there may be hope yet, if not, it's probably friend. Check the capacitors for bulging on the top, they should be flat. The PSU could have blown the motherboard, and it may be time for a new PC.

i think i herd a beep when i turned it on, but i never thought to listen and it was a week ago but im about 70% sure it did, and all i did was take the PSU out of this system and pop it in the other case with teh motherboard. To be honast iv never build a comp or installed a mobo so i cant say for sure if it was even plugged in right.. i just went with what the other one looked like before i unplugged it

The connectors are mostly self explanatory.

Regardless if it beeped or not with the RAM in, I meant with the RAM out, would it beep. But it's good to know the motherboard has a speaker. Just take the RAM out and see if it constantly beeps at you when you turn it on.

It's really a slim chance from what it sounds like that the PSU didn't kill the mobo. But it's worth a shot.

well , it does have a speaker and im just takni it out now to see if theres any bulging capacitors if it dosnt il take this psu out and try again, but if it did die.. would the light still come on ?

EDIT: i think i have one..

The light could still come on, it's not really an indicator of it working, it's more of an indicator that the mobo is getting power.

oh ok well.. i couldnt get it to start up so im thiknin its fried lol thanks for ur help tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom