Monitor for 360 PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manifesto V

Solid State Member

Hey, well first post and i would just like to say i know little about tech type stuff. Anyways i want to buy a monitor so i can play my 360 with a better quality screen, i'm currently using a old rear projection tv and want an upgrade. The monitor will only be for gaming and watching dvds as i have a laptop that i use for all computer related stuff. Heres my want i'm thinking of buying as its in my price range. Its only for my room so 22" is enough.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/33606...screen-TFT-Monitor-With-Speakers/Product.html

1. 1680x1050 (WXGA+) is that good picture quality is it 720p?

2. 1000:1 is that good contrast seems good to me comparing to offers but i don't know lol.

3. Can i definatly connect it to my xbox via a vga cable.

4. Will i have to install anything or will it just boot the xbox straight away.

5. Can you recieve any tv signals , say if i got a freeview box (probally sounds stupid)

6. Generaly will this give me a good quality picture and sound.

Thanks for any help.

I run a HP w19 for my 360 and works great. It uses the Official Xbox 360 VGA cable and gives me some great HD gaming.

I'm pretty sure that all monitors work with 360 as long as you have the VGA cable.

p.s. sorry for not answering all of your questions but I'm not an expert with monitors!

:)

its is higher then 720p it is 1200p or something like that monitors with odd resolutions that are 720p is teh comparion of 1024 x 764 its a basis just as 1280x1024 is 1080 p so the 1600x1200 is somewhere along the line of 1200 something p some oen correct me if i am wrong

There is a split off the VGA cable that has the white and red audio cables that you plug into your surround sound or whatever.

thanks for the VGA cable link! lol, I've been lookin for something like that for ages, just I always typed in DVI, lol, so it never came through.

TYTY <3

awwww, bought mine on ebay for like $4 american, rofl, legit one of the official xbox cables too, lol, the postage cost $10! haha, didnt realise till after that xbox doesnt support 16:10 and what they do is just stretch the picture if you plug into 16:10 screen, ugh, thats lame. Is there any way to like flash your xbox with new firmware that supports 16:10, or will that then screw my xbox live cause it will think it is hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom