Modern Warfare 2 - Black Screen No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYo0zE

Beta member
Hello, I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 online but everytime after about 10 - 50 minutes of playing time my screen turns black and says: ''No Signal" and goes to sleep, so I have to shut down my PC by holding the power button.
The resolution I use in-game is 1920 x 1080 (which is native for my monitor)
I have this problem ONLY with this game and not with all the other games that I play.
I heard people saying that my graphics card is the problem, others say it is my monitor. I already tried re-installing the game and installing new drivers for my graphics card but that doesn't solve it :(

My PC:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
6 GB DDR II RAM
Nvidea Geforce GT 130
Windows Vista 64 bit

Monitor: Acer X233H

If it only happens in this game, I would think it would not be the monitor. That's all I can tell you unfortunately.

I have this same problem with my GTX260's. Next time it does it wait about 5 minutes before restarting. I wait a few minutes and it comes back and says "Nividia Drivers XXX.XX quit responding and recovered". So report back after you try and wait.

Well I tried to wait a couple of minutes but my screen stayed black...... so I had to shut it down... :( any more ideas?

He meant wait a couple minutes before restarting. He didn't mean your screen would stop being black.

okay this is really weird... I updated my drivers for my GPU but now I get another kind of error, not only in COD, but also in the other games that I play :S While playing it suddenly starts lagging and you hear that sound when you insert a USB stick like 50 times... :S Might it be that I installed the wrong drivers or something? I went to the Nvidea drivers download page and then you have to tell which Graphics card you have and which operating system and then it gives you a download..

But I dont get it.. My pc can run most games.... and sometimes I can play COD for like 30 minutes without lagg or whatever.... well thanks anyway :)

if there are more ideas .. please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom