Microsoft Updates Office for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft on Tuesday released version 11.2.4 of Office 2004 for Mac, which corrects a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to overwrite a system's memory with malicious code. The cumulative update weighs in at over 57MB and is available for download from Microsoft.

11.2.4 additionally fixes problems in PowerPoint 2004 and Entourage 2004. The release is available for Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher, and comes along with a critical fix for Microsoft Office on Windows. That patch corrects a Word vulnerability in which a malformed document could enable an attacker to take control of a system.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Updates_Office_for_Mac/1150227946

Do people really use Entourage instead of Apple Mail?

I wish Ximian would release Evolution for Mac :(
I love Evolution.

Yeah, I ran it in fink but it was all ugly and stuff, I'd rather just use Apple Mail.

I dunno, I'll try and compile it, but I don't think I can just ./configure && make && make install, so I would have no idea where to begin....

Eventually you'll get there.

You have to get XCode so you can get GCC and make, then you have to fill all the dependencies of Evolution (I would assume there are a lot, probably none of which OS X has) and THEN you can ./configure && make && make install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom