Microsoft to Drop IE

I think re-branding is great move, IE just brings out negative connotations. However re-branding isn't enough, it should be completely rewritten, not just based of the old IE.

I think I'll stick with Firefox

I don't think so.
The problem is that a lot business as moved over to online applications and collaboration which use IE. In my time of having to support business PCs and line of business applications, I have only come across 2 line of business applications which refused to have any thing to do with IE.

Love IE or Hate IE, IE has provided a provided a platform for business and various internet and intranet business applications.

I don't see MS dropping IE with Windows 10.

I don't think so.
The problem is that a lot business as moved over to online applications and collaboration which use IE. In my time of having to support business PCs and line of business applications, I have only come across 2 line of business applications which refused to have any thing to do with IE.

Love IE or Hate IE, IE has provided a provided a platform for business and various internet and intranet business applications.

I don't see MS dropping IE with Windows 10.

Dropping is kinda a misnomer. According to the article they are splitting the product line. They are still going to have IE i believe by they will also have another browser that aligns with modern standards. I know one big issue for IE is that the government uses it a lot just like you said with business applications. Often it is cost prohibitive for them to upgrade their applications that rely on old versions of IE to function. I imagine that is a lot of the reason MS has been slow to adapt. They are trapped between their legacy support for large scale consumers and their shrinking market share for the rest.

They aren't dropping IE, they are making a "new" browser and keeping IE11 with Windows 10. From what I'm getting, they just aren't making any improvements to the built in IE anymore.

They aren't dropping IE, they are making a "new" browser and keeping IE11 with Windows 10. From what I'm getting, they just aren't making any improvements to the built in IE anymore.

I'm sure they'll still make improvements to it - that's why they just branched off of Trident engine.

Back
Top Bottom