Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
is it just me, or do other people notice that the windows help, on anything more complex than changing your desktop, it says somewhere in the guide "contact your system administrator for more details" or "contact your system administrator to tell you how to do this and that".

did they get lazy or does the title "admin" bring you magical powers that allow you to know what normal people don't?

EDIT: (mind you this, it is in XP HOME!!!)

examples:

contact your system administrator to determine your callback options

To determine your options, contact your system administrator

having your system administrator load machine and user certificates before you take your laptop out onto the road (no explination of how)

Error Message: The Control Could Not Load. Please Contact Your System Administrator

contact your system administrator for the correct DCE Cell Directory Service network address

n the DNS Servers box, enter the address of your internet service providerÂ’s DNS servers. These numbers may be obtained from your internet provider or network administrator.

and so on

tommyboy123x said:
did they get lazy or does the title "admin" bring you magical powers that allow you to know what normal people don't?
Hey, I don't know about you but whenever I'm logged in as Admin I wear a little cape and loudly hum the Mission Impossible theme song. Sometimes I also dress like this:
administrator.jpg
and whistle the james bond theme.:cool:

tommyboy123x said:
And 9 time out of 10, the solution is
* RE CONFIGURE NETWORK
* RE INSTALL HARDWARE
* RE INSTALL HARDWARE DRIVERS
* RE INSTALL SOFTWARE
* RE INSTALL WINDOWS.

About the only thing that requires magical powers might be RE CONFIGURE NETWORK. Just about any thing else a child can pretty much do.

Re: Re: Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together

jorsoft03 said:
Hey, I don't know about you but whenever I'm logged in as Admin I wear a little cape and loudly hum the Mission Impossible theme song. Sometimes I also dress like this:
administrator.jpg
and whistle the james bond theme.:cool:

and here i thought i was the only one cool enough to do that

@harper - maybe for a member of TF to reinstall something it is easy, but for the target audience of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, they check their emails and surf the web. If something goes wrong, they might just search the help. not when it says ask someone else though, lol

but i guess its better than windows 98 help... i remember trying to find something and the only things that were on my computer were "my computer wont turn on, why?" (even though you are magically using your computer now to see why it won't turn on), "my screen turned black, why?" (again...) and my personal favorite, "my internet doesn't work, why?" (contact your system administrator!!)

Yea that what I tend to do. I usually dont pay attention to what windows says about anything about any issue. I tend to look for things I may have done to cause an error, like a hardware change and whatnot.

But I do agree, microsoft and help dont really belong together.

Re: Re: Re: Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together

tommyboy123x said:
but i guess its better than windows 98 help... i remember trying to find something and the only things that were on my computer were "my computer wont turn on, why?" (even though you are magically using your computer now to see why it won't turn on), "my screen turned black, why?" (again...) and my personal favorite, "my internet doesn't work, why?" (contact your system administrator!!)
I really don't miss the number of phone calls where I get some one saying "My computer has told me I have an error at (STRING OF NUMBERS)" expecting that any one at a computer store would actaully know what it meant.

I occasionally have to deal with Win 98 PCs. I keep on forgetting on how unforgiving they where.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together

Harper said:
I occasionally have to deal with Win 98 PCs. I keep on forgetting on how unforgiving they where.

Thats HORRIBLE! I agree... it is very painful going from fixing XP computers to 98... i have done that many times.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together

Crysalis said:
Thats HORRIBLE! I agree... it is very painful going from fixing XP computers to 98... i have done that many times.
And think about this..... How Many Times Did You Swear And Curse At Windows Xp when you first installed it.

I think the think I miss the most on Win 98 computer is the ease of USB Torrage Devices. I have my portable hard drive, and all it takes is a Win 98 PC and I am cursing "Great! Where did my driver disk go?"

P.P. Mguire said:
MMMM Just think of how great Windows ME was :D
Yeah..... all 2 weeks of it before I rolled back to Win 98. I am glad I only picked that one up on a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription. :rolleyes:

Microsoft help..... two words that don't belong together
But not as bad as these 2 words....

B0002D152W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom