Microsoft Excel 2007 highlights multiple cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have the same problem, only when in page layout view, Also i can use page layout view but the document cant be set to landscape

I've got the same problem.

If anyone other than Mak213 solves this one, please let me know. I'm not interested in his opinion on this after reading his earlier dismissive replies.:cool:

You do realise that you are choosing not to take the word of a guy who has even been recognised by Microsoft as a expert?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/excel/HA102376631033.aspx

Closest thing that i can find to even get close to explaining what is going on.

Excel 2007 automatically selecting cells - Excel Help Forum
selecting multiple cells in Excel 2007

It seems there are 3 ways for a Cell to be formatted in Excel 2007. Now each of those ways have a different outcome when the document is transferred to a different PC.

Even those who say they have this problem are having trouble reproducing the results on a steady basis. So it seems to be a haphazard effect.

This is only for those who are trying to find results. If you think i am dismissive in my thoughts and views of how a Bug truly comes about in a software program for Windows please disregard my response. You wont be interested in my findings. As they are not a true answer but as i suspected something that is a bit of a anomaly even among the Excel Experts.

I have also had this problem, although the symptoms are slightly different. When it happens to me any cell that I move to, or groups of are selected and I can't do anything else with the mouse in Excel, and even the keyboard seems to have no input. I also noticed on my laptop that other applications are affected although the problem is magnified in Excel. In other apps such as my web browser the mouse doesn't work at all for selection (left click) purposes. If I tap the scroll wheel and shake the mouse the issue may dissapear but does re-occur quickly. I believe the issue that I'm having is with the wireless mouse, and it seems to be when the batteries are just starting to drain. If I replace the batteries the problem seems to go away, although I haven't been consciously noticing if that's the case every time.
So I agree that it seems to be hardware related to wireless mice/keyboards. It may be driver related, or as in my case power related. I suggest trying to keep a log of circumstances when it happens to users - have they replaced the batteries, is it affecting the left click in other apps, do the arrow keys work on the keyboard, can they left click in Excel to save the file when it happens, and are the symptoms the same every time? I think in my case as the batteries get weaker, my symptoms do change. Anyway, good luck and I think you can get to the bottom of it by gathering as much information as possible and compare notes in all the cases. Does it happen at all on wired keybds/mice, etc.

I have had this problem for about 6 months as well and finally have tried a few things out recently that worked. It seems that this is just a bug in Excel 2007 only and can be fixed simply by changing your level of "Zoom". If you go to the view tab and lower your zoom from 100% to say 75% or even just 5% to 95%, it seems to solve the problem immediately.

I just found this thread in a Google search. It's now more than half a year later, and I'm having the same problem, also.

I agree with some of the other posters that this seems to be a video issue. If I zoom in or out, that sometimes changes the behavior (75% view is usually OK). I'm using an HP Pavilion tx2000 tablet (Wacom overlay) with an AMD x2 processor. All drivers are up-to-date. Clicking with the pen does the same multiple selection as clicking with the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom