Microsoft Dumping The Xbox 360 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, I mean the cost difference to Microsoft between the 60GB drive and 120GB drive will be negligible (even for laptop drives), so removing an SKU saves a bunch of organising. And black paint doesn't exactly cost much.
I expect if this turns out to be true, the Elite will experience a price drop.

There's really no need to get rid of the 360 premium. I've got a 20GB hard drive and that is more then enough for me. If they come with a 60GB hard drive now (which is way more then enough) why make people pay extra for the 120GB hard drive when they could just get the 60GB version which would still cost less then the elite after they dropped the price. IMO just keep things the way they are now:low range, mid Range, and high range because that seems to be working quite well for Microsoft.

Does make sense seeing that the NXE update is going to have games on demand and they would need to upgrade the hard drives for storage also looking into more direct streaming of Sky to the boxes maybe the new and improved Xbox super premium will be out just in time for Christmas, saying that I do hope the elite has a price drop I still have my original 20gb Pro and am dying to get a HDMI model.

Here is what I feel highly likely to happen. And mind you, I spend a lot of time on gaming forums:

The Xbox 360 Pro will be discontinued and replaced by the Elite. As someone else said the difference in producing a 60gb and 120gb hard drive is slim to none. Also, notice the new packaging. The Elite no longer comes with an HDMI cable bundled with it. That means MS will make higher profit margins even if they drop the "Elite" down to the Pro's price point.

What I then see happening is the Arcade model will drop to $149 to remain half the price of the PS3 (assuming that it gets a $100 price drop). The new Elite model will drop to $249 to remain cheaper than the PS3 while offering a 120GB hard drive. I then feel that MS will replace the 120GB upgrade drives with 250GB at the same price point.

In the US especially, people will see these new Elites for $249 and think it is a crazy deal. The Xbox 360 is the highly favored HD console as it is and the Elite is the best model of the 360 so everyone will be in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom