Microsoft Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
So the IT teacher at my school is soon becoming a Microsoft-Certified something-or-other, which gives the school 100 free licenses for business use, and any students free licences for most MS software (7 and office ultimate for example) for their own use, which is awesome. There's also the added benefit that we get to take any MS exams for only £40.
Now, my question is, what exams are there, and are there any do you think I could practically attempt? Or would that require a lot more time/experience than a sixth-form student has?

Mostly aimed at Mak :)D) but feel free to pitch in.

Okay well that seems very odd. being Certified i have never heard that they get 100 free licenses for business use let alone the student aspect. That seems to me like it would fall under the MSDNAA more than just someone getting a M$ Cert as those are so far stretched that you could get one for XP and basically not have it be useful anymore.

Yes they can take the exams for cheap. Being a MVP i get 1 exam a year i can take for free.

Straight up there is no exam out there that could be attempted without EXTENSIVE knowledge of the product they are going for. Even the basic MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) has so much to it and there are multiple exams for the full certification. Even i have a hard time getting through all the material for the Windows based ones, and i have very extensive knowledge of Windows. These are not something that can jsut be taken like a PSAT or A+ Cert. They are much more than that.

Thanks for the reply, that's pretty much what I'd expected :)

And apparantly his title is now 'Microsoft Certified Tutor,' I think.

I would say go for any extras you can mate, it looks good on a CV and on a Uni application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom