Microsoft Browser Ballot Screen Revealed – Coming Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft Browser Ballot Screen Revealed – Coming Next Week

Microsoft has finally revealed the finished EU Browser Ballot Screen, and it's set to begin rolling out next week. Microsoft came under fire last year from the EU about shipping Windows 7 with Internet Explorer pre installed. They had threatened to ship Windows 7 without a browser at all, but then came to their senses

browser_screen_shot.jpg

I still don't see why they got so picky...Linux comes with firefox and no one sues them over it..so why pick on microsoft? Easy target for easy money..that's all it was

True. But then again IE is one if the least preferred browsers compared to Firefox. Almost everyone I know hates IE for one or more reasons and uses any other browsers they can get, like Firefox or Chrome, etc.

Browser Statistics
Only issue with that link, it is only tracking stats for people that visit that site. I bet you i could find at least 5 links that show IE higher and some that still show IE as having over 80% of the market share. Each browser statistic site is only managing the browsers that visit its site. It doesnt monitor others cause it doesnt have access to the server and their stats. So each statistic is lacking in true facts cause they are very limited to what they can show.

Firefox claims to be downloaded over 1 Billion times. What they dont tell you is that everytime it is downloaded that it counts. So if you format and download the program again, that is 2 downloads. Not 1 cause you have already downloaded it before. So even those stats are rigged to be inflated to show higher numbers than are really true.

There is no real way to track or stat which is the most used browser. Cause i can tell you that from even my own experience that i switch browsers more often than i switch undies. Just today alone i have used 4 different browsers in the past hour. No way you can accurately mark that down in stats.

Ah well that does make sense...well put it in a way that of all the people I asked around...they seemed to turn away from IE. I mean, it must count for something as each has their own reason. Maybe they don't always understand the whole security thing and most browsers are only as secured as the person using it but still...it counts as something.

Yeah but that is how few people in the grand scheme of things? I know when i ask around that i get such a variety of results. But the truth still remains, it dont matter what you use. As long as you enjoy using it. Who cares what the rest of the world is using, who cares if they are not using what you are. It isnt going to make what your using any better or worse if they are/arent using it. People need to stop following and start to think for themselves. It doesnt matter if you use IE or use K-Meleon as long as you like it the rest doesnt matter and shouldnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom