Microsoft Access, Mass E-mail with personalized names and account balance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
If you're confused about the title, please read below:

I am in the process of trying to figure out how websites such as Paypal, bank websites, and more can send mass e-mails with personalized names (Dear Mr./Ms. ___), with personal information (your account balance is $___). Theoretically, I was thinking if I can input data into Microsoft Access, and then inputting a code in the e-mail, for example:
Dear [$MicrosoftAccessCell1]

Your account balance is [$MicrosoftAccessCell1,Cell2]

Is there a way to do that on Gmail, or must I download a program, or is there really a legit code to do that (I just totally BS'd that "code" by the way) ?

Well since none of us are IT for a bank, i am sure that you wont get exactly what your looking for. But i would imagine that it is done by some sort of code. You use a Macro of some sort to send out a request to a database and it fills in the information and sends it in a email.

But i would seriously consider finding a new bank if yours does this. Snatching emails to get this type of information isnt that hard. My bank and even my paypal do not send specific information. I get an email telling me that my new statement is ready to be viewed online after i log in, but nothing is sent directly to my email so that others can retrieve it and use it.

I would seriously consider not doing something like that. As it is a very high security risk to enclose any kind of information like that.

Nah, the bank thing was just an example. Basically I'm looking for a way to send personalized e-mail with data included, so like, a school may be like:

Dear So and so,

Name
Address
PhoneNumber

Is this information correct?

OR

Dear So and so,

You have x% attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom