Media backup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Baseband Member
I have numerous files/folders for pictures and music. Basically my entire collection of CDs on my pc and my family pictures. It's just over 35GB right now.

I would like to find an affordable way to back them up. I have a DVD burner along with a CD Burner.

Backing up onto DVD would be your cheapest solution if you're not constantly doing backups. 35GB would be about 8 DVDs. However, if you want to constantly back up quickly, it would be economical to invest in a small secondary internal hard drive.

Well I want to do a total restore on my pc but I need to keep all that hard work of burning my cd collection to it and my families pictures. If I burn them to DVDs, all I have to do is insert the DVD later and move the files and they will all function correctly ? Sounds good to me :)

yes just copy and paste them back on. if you must use a media player use real one (which most people don't like). it won't reencode them and suffer a quality loss like all of the other media players. it will put them back in their original form

find my how to keep xp fast and stable guide so it will show how not to lose those file in the first place.

I will make an update one soon

burning on dvd and cd is easiest one... I also do that to my all old school files.. but i got a problem... since my other files is a flash files... some are not playing anymore and didn't already recognize... how isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom