MCE_MPEG-2_Decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have figured this is the problem with my TV Tuner card.. this is the only way that MCE will recognize my tv card are there other versions of this decoder that will work with MCE? an updated release? I go to my TV cards mf website and the lat update was 07 for the decoder.. so I'm thinking it must be outdated and thats why my video is off when watching tv on MCE.

can someone point me to a more recent release to the MCE MPEG2 decoder?

I had no idea about google not being M$ friendly. I use k-lite latest version.. I have even tried the win 7 codec pack.

the bottom line is.. no mpeg2 codec is the same and they are not free.. the one that came with my card doesn't work.

the first link is for a utility that allows you to switch from installed codecs ( where I only have one mpeg2 codec) nothing to switch to.

second link is for XP (I don't have XP MCE)

third link is FREE codecs.com and they want 25 bucks.. thats an oxymoron with no guaranties.

Your issue is going to be one common one very soon. Media Center was redone in Win7. Therefor you can NOT use a card that is only rated to work in Vista. As it wont. You will have to wait for the manufacturer to get new drivers out and the software updated to work in Windows 7.

Until then there isnt going to be a solution cause Win7 is still a Beta. Use Live Search and maybe you will get lucky. But i wouldnt count on it.

windows 7 has a RC out. i owuld think this means its out of beta stage.

whats the make and model of the tv card?

what happens when you start mce? any errors? check event viewer too.

Your issue is going to be one common one very soon. Media Center was redone in Win7. Therefor you can NOT use a card that is only rated to work in Vista. As it wont. You will have to wait for the manufacturer to get new drivers out and the software updated to work in Windows 7.

Until then there isnt going to be a solution cause Win7 is still a Beta. Use Live Search and maybe you will get lucky. But i wouldnt count on it.

It has the same problem in Vista ;)

ADS instant HD TV PCI (PTV-382_115) 2007

I install the MPEG2 and open MCE (even days after installing the codec)

And the video is Jumpy.. (freeze,play,freeze,play) the sound is smooth.. build 7000 however MCE worked well (for the first time ever).. the program that came with my TV card works well.. so MCE can die off as far as I'm concerned.

RC is Release Canidate

RTM is Release to Manufacturing.

RC is still a Beta Stage. Only when it hits RTM and is sold in stores is it out of Beta Stages.

Hampton if it has issues in Vista as well then you need to seriously contact the manufacturer. Cause MCE has changed from Vista to Win7 and if it isnt working in Vista then it wont work in Win7.

If it worked fine in Build 7000 but not now you need to report this to M$ in the win7 Beta Forums so that it can be addressed. Speaking up here where M$ cant see it or do anything about it will not get you anywhere.;)

The Ironic thing here is the stupid thing died last night.. lol.. so I had to put in an older tuner so I can at least watch the redwings game on XP.. thank god for my triple boot ;) I don't have the extra cash but maybe in the next month or so can get a better tuner that works on 7 and Vista.. was just on New Egg and saw one that most ppl in the reviews loved it in win 7 MCE and was on sale for 60 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom