Max out on F@H... Only using 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I want to be able to push my cvompy to the limits with F@H but sine F@H will only work in one thread, it only is using Core1, leaving my Core0 at about 1-2 percent load at most. I want it to use 99-100% of my idle processore time, which would make double the progress... Why does F@H only allow one instance anyways?

Anyone know of any hacks or anything I can do to make it use both cores or split itself, or possible a hack that will let me run 2 instances of the software?

I'm only getting like 2-3 WU's a week, which is lame, especially for an overclocked E6600

Use the SMP client instead. It's design to take advantage of multi-core processors.

Thanks ^^ I was worried about running a buggy beta version, however...
beta doesn't necessarily mean it's filled with bugs, just that it might be :p as it's not a final release version.

aside from that there is no hack necessary to run two instances of F@H unless you're talking about the useless GUI client. with the command line client you just have two seperate work directories each with a copy of the F@H executable. also set each client with a different machine ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom