Many People Use Same Password For Every Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Many People Use Same Password For Every Site

Can you believe that 33% of the people surveyed say they use the same password for everything? Please say that you aren't one of the people they are talking about in this article.

Very few computer users seem to have woken up to the risks of using weak passwords and the same ones for every site they visit. With social networking and other internet accounts now even more popular, there's plenty on offer for hackers and by using the same password to access Facebook, Amazon and your online bank account, you're making it much easier for them.

Yup the infamous hacker "Bob" once dumped the passwords on a community workstation and found out what users had myspace and face book accounts an most of them had the same password.

I have like, 4 different passwords...I would have more, but only when I have a secure system of writing them down and not losing them, haha.

Lol, I use maybe 2 or 3. One for work related stuff, one for my online related stuff (facebook, Windows LIVE, Tech Forums), and one that is just leftover from when I never updated it :p

I'm actually kind of surprised it isn't more than a third. I mean, I always use a very secure password, and if it is cracked then woopdie-doo they get my facebook and techforums account :p

I'm not gonna mess with a different password for each place, that would be a pain on the brain!

I use a standard username and a a series of passwords for simplicity, I have dozens of accounts on forums, subscribed games, and other sites, just cant remember them all without a format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom