Making my first website, i need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I plan on making a website, but i don't know whats the best software to make one with. I really don't care how much it costs, as long as its easy enough and function able.

Thanks in advance,
Alexsabree

Microsoft Frontpage is really easy to just jump in use. I personally use Dreamweaver by Macromedia. It's owned by Adobe now though

Microsoft Frontpage is really easy to just jump in use. I personally use Dreamweaver by Macromedia. It's owned by Adobe now though

So why mention Macromedia?? :D J/k. I use Dreamweaver too. It's really easy to use, but its $399 brand new. As always, there are other ways of getting it, but cannot be discussed here (for Trotter ;)). Anyway, I would go with Dreamweaver, and start out with the basics. As you get better, work your way into more advanced features.

The link @ the bottom of my sig was made in DW.. basic, but gets the point across.

So why mention Macromedia?? :D J/k. I use Dreamweaver too. It's really easy to use, but its $399 brand new. As always, there are other ways of getting it, but cannot be discussed here (for Trotter ;)). Anyway, I would go with Dreamweaver, and start out with the basics. As you get better, work your way into more advanced features.

The link @ the bottom of my sig was made in DW.. basic, but gets the point across.

Because that's the version I use. I have no experience with the new versions since adobe took over

the latest version of dreamweaver (CS3) has some new features like spry.

i use dreamweaver CS3 and i love it

also i recommend getting a good book on html if you dont know it already.
i use the visual quick start guides and there very useful

I would also suggest Frontpage and Dreamweaver which I personally use, but if you do not want to add css and script then you could get one freeware editor which are simplier than everything else, just google it "free html editors" and you will be surely directed to some freeware editors, I had use some of them before.

On the topic of Dreamweaver which I use(CS3), does anyone know how to make a forum. Just a basic: sign in,write,post. I'll go google it, so don't put too much thought into it, but if anyone knows a shortcut. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom