Major Server Screwup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkar

Beta member
Hello, everyone. I have a big problem. I work for a small time law firm, and all of our time and billing is done with the program Timeslips by Sage, 2007 edition. I recently changed the install directory on it, following instructions given to me by the program. A few days later, we noticed that there had been a huge problem. The database that was being used by the program was different for the server computer and the other stations. The only thing different is the drive letter, but that isn't the problem, because the server is actually her whole computer, drive C for the server computer is labeled as drive Z for the individual stations. I put a test notepad file in the stations server, and then tried to access it from the server computer, and no luck. What I did couldn't have caused it, could it have? If a single file isn't being picked up by the server..? And it's a HUGE problem because we do all of our billing on it, and we can't send it out with the databases switched up! Our bills go out on the first of October.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

If you cant access any files in the folder then you need to set that folder up for sharing and set the permissions on the folder so that you can read/write to it. Then you need to map drive Z on each workstation to the folder. Pretty easy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom