Major internet problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVersetti

Baseband Member
ok, this is wats up.

All of a sudden my internet doesnt work, no one touched a thing. My internet is SUPER slow all of a sudden. Now, when i am not on my comp and my dad is on his, his internet works fine, but as soon as i try to get on to the internet on my comp, my internet is SLOOOOW and his is too. Like i said, wen i dont go on the internet his internet is fine. Our friend said it was the router, so we went and bought a new one. Same problem came up. We tryed plugging my dad's comp directly into the modem and we get no connectivity directly from the modem, only if we run it through the router. What should we do???? New modem???
Thanks

What kinds of applications are you running on your PC? I would suspect perhaps a P2P software or Torrent is hogging your bandwidth when you have your computer on. I would suspect something on your PC that is causing the trouble, perhaps background processes running that you aren't aware of, maybe forgot about, or something like that. It probably wouldn't hurt to try to upgrade router firmware, and NIC card drivers.

Also, if you are using DSL, to get a computer to work when directly connected to the Modem, you will have to use the software provided by the ISP to connect. You must enter the account name and password. I am not sure if Cable Internet functions the same way, but I would suspect it does.

So, u are saying its possibly something on my comp that is making it slow? if so, how does that effect my dad's comp in any way? His works fine wen i dont try to get on. But wen i do his doesnt work and then wen i get off the internet and shutdown my comp his still doesnt work. My internet wont work on the modem directly and neither will my father's. I do have Cable by the way. I will try and delete any internet stuff that may be causing the problem. i will reply back after i check those things. Please post more suggestions if u think of any, thanks.

Your all sharing the same internet, so when one computer on the network is using up bandwidth it takes it from the other computer(s) aswell because they are on the same network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom