Macromedia Flash on Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have a whole bunch of Flash files on a Flash Memory Drive that I took from home. However, when I put the flash drive into the eMac it wouldn't let me play the Flash files.

I tried to open them in Safari and Internet Explorer (both the OS 9 and OS X versions) but nothing would work. Some of them are in .exe format and I know that .exe simply won't work on a Mac (is there are way to get .exe to work aswell?) but how can I get Flash files to open on a Mac?

"Flash F*ker..."

Go back to your PC, save the files as SWF, and don't ever try to save a flash .EXE to a Mac ever again. :confused:

EXE (executable file) simply dose not work with .APP (Application Program). :confused: :cool:

Problem solved...

I think you may have misread my question. Either that, or, I wrote it wrong. :eek:

Either way, I wasn't trying to get .EXE to open in Mac because I know that won't work. All the flash files I had were .swf, I only have them as .exe on my laptop because it is much better if it just opens in itself rather than a browser.

All that I needed to do was download the flash plugins for mac from the Macromedia website. Which I did. And now I can watch all my .swf files to my hearts content. :D

Thanks for your help anyway ;)

Now - I wonder if the equivalent can be done for Mac, convert all the .swfs into whatever Macs use (.app ?) :confused:

"For-em's..."

OOPS!! my bad. i just realized that SWF dosn't work the same way on PC as they do on Mac. :eek: I used to solve this problem by saving the files as FLA. It also depends alot on the versions of the program that are on both Comps. For example: if you have Flash MX Pro 2004 on your PC, and Flash MX 2004 on your Mac, there is a version difference that prevents them from working with each other. Just try saving it as a .FLA instead. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom