Machine_Check_Exception Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneekz

Beta member
Hi I am new to this forum signed up looking for solution to my problem.
i have attached a screen shot of what is happening. The error started popping up out of nowhere. It says I might have changed the hardware but I did not, but then I tried another hdd and yet i get the same error. It freezes that's how it started now I have re-partitioned hdd and formatted installed new windows and yet the same thing on 2 different hdd(s).. Can someone please help and I already read the Microsoft solution .. doesn't help...
main_pcerror.jpg

thnX for fast response but I still don't get it it does not show any solution to it :S? and yes I am using Windows XP and as you said something is wrong with CPU how would I detect where the problem is in the CPU??? Like is it RAM, slots, etc.. :S?

The only thing it states:

For more information about Machine Check Architecture (MCA), see the Intel or AMD Web sites.

The only thing i can think of is you might need the chipset drivers for your mother board.

thnX so basically update the drivers but I would need to install them but the problem is that error popped up so i basically cant load onto windows ..??? again much appreciated for the help :)

EDIT: Here is the link to check my system specs, except it does not have windows media edition, it has windows xp pro.
http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1009054/1009054sp2.shtml
EDIT: I checked there are no new driver updates for this system even checked the AMD website now what :S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom