Mac won't recognize cd-r

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi_fi

Beta member
Hey, newbie here. I hope somebody can explain this to me: I bought a cd-r and inserted in the Mac, but nothing happened and after a few seconds, it just ejected it. I'm clueless, I know. Please, I ask for your help. Thanks in advance.

My system is Mac OS 9.0.4, the cd-r is 52x, 80min/700mb.

What computer burned the CD-R?

Some macs don't recognize CD's burned using specific burners or file types. The CD-R may also not be supported by OS 9's system.

yeah, I bought two, and after trying both, all I can think is either system 9 can't read this cd-r, or I need some program, burning software or something. I don't have anything like that, may be that's the prob??

Oh, I was able to listen to music from a similar cd-r (700mb, 80min) but I don't know if that was 52x, could this then be the reason? The cd-r that gets ejected is empty though so that might be why the computer doesn't know what to do with it.

Ok, hope somebody can help me! Thanks people!

You might check with OS 9's software update to see if a CD Burner update is available, you might also check to see if your burner is operational.

Some software you might consider is Roxio's Toast/Jam software. I think you can get a trial from the website www.roxio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom