Mac G5 strange font issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack10525

Baseband Member
Hello all. I am pretty much a pc guy but my girlfriend has a G5 that has a problem. My gf's mac is connect to the internet through my router. About a week ago she noticed the font on her home page (yahoo) had changed. Any new page opened would also display the odd font. It kinda looks like an old english type font. I am not sure if this was caused by an update or not. I tried to see if it was a setting in yahoo but couldn't find anything. I also tried to see if it was a setting on the computer. Angain I couldn't figure out how to change it. Has anybody seen anything like this before? If so how can I fix this issue? Thanks.

Ok I tried changing the font the way Crysalis suggested but that didn't work. Each time the computer is booted a file named webrick.rb pops up on the desktop. This started happening about the same time the font changed.

Someone else had this issue after the installed a program. Did you or her install any programs recently? If so uninstall and restart

I had to reinstall Itunes and quicktime. I can't believe that would cause this. How can I find out if there is a illegal app on this computer?

Screen shot of problem.

Well for some reason I can not add an attachment or screenshot.

Does Mac have a system restore? Can I roll back to an earlier date? What about ghosting hard drives? Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom