m4p format to MP3 format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I just install ITUNE on my PC tonight in order so I can purchase a song on line ("What The World Come To" - Sin Episodes), and it download the little bugger into M4P format.

M4P format is not compatable with my Creative Zen Xtra.
Any ideas to convert this file into MP3 format?

iTunes converts just about any format... That's the ONLY reason why I have it installed on my box.

Re:

Hello,

When you buy music from iTunes it's DRM protected as an AAC M4P format.

This means that you can only play music purchased from iTunes on hardware capable of playing DRM AAC content. In this case, all of the Apple iPods...!

Your Creative Zen Xtra doesn't support it.

But you can decrypt the protection...

http://hymn-project.org/

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
This means that you can only play music purchased from iTunes on hardware capable of playing DRM AAC content. In this case, all of the Apple iPods...!

Your Creative Zen Xtra doesn't support it.
That sort of sux considering that the 2 songs that I have just purchase is only avalable via iTUNE.

Alvin.C said:
But you can decrypt the protection...

http://hymn-project.org/
After I decrypt the protection, that means I can convert over.

Not much luck on converting via Hymn.
It was coming back to me with an error message saying that I need a newer version of iTUNES. However there is no more current version than what I have right now.

However I was able to burn the 2 songs to CD format, and then back into MP3 format.

F*** U DRM!!!!! :mad:

can always use mplayer to dump the file to a wav then do whatever you want with it and save a CD

Harper said:
However I was able to burn the 2 songs to CD format, and then back into MP3 format.

Thats how you need to do it for m4p's. m4a's are a different story becuase those aren't protected.

Could you possibly burn them to a CD iso, then "rip" the iso back to your computer? Eliminating the need to waste CDs, essentially.

Re:

Eagleboy said:
Could you possibly burn them to a CD iso, then "rip" the iso back to your computer? Eliminating the need to waste CDs, essentially.

I burn DRM songs onto a CD-RW, then rip them to MP3. Saves on burning and wasting masses of CD-Rs of course, but it's still wasting away one of my CD-RWs.

Now, instead of burning to disc, I use Nero ImageDrive or Alcohol 120% to emulate a virtual CD-R drive. Much quicker at 'burning' of course, because it's using my Hard Drive, and it saves me the time and hassle of writing and erasing CD-RWs all the time :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom