.m4a files

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
after reinstalling my OS was a bit worried to see that all my .m4a music files wont play in media monkey. currently installing apple quick time but didnt really want to. Can anyone tell me if these .m4a files will play ok, when i transfer over to my mp3 player?

What MP3 player do you have?
There's plenty of free converters out there for .m4a files even if your player doesn't support them.

As for your PC not playing them, PLEASE don't install quicktime! I'd suggest downloading K-lite Codec Pack.

would it be a worthwhile project to convert all my .m4a files to mp3? I have a sony walkman mp3 player. I already had k-lite installed, so i dont know why it wouldnt play m4as.

thanks for the advice. I definitley want to convert all my .m4a files to mp3. The problem is that I have 3,625 items ending in *.m4a I have 1,768 files ending in *.mp3. Is there a good convertor tool that would handle like this;

- locate my *.m4a's
- auto convert to *.mp3's
- then delete the duplicates created afterwords.

appreciate your advice.

also, would it be easier to do this conversion on my 500gb external HD and then copying them over to my onboard music partition?

Converting MP3s

Hi,

I know ive posted about this before but I want to make sure i get it right. Im about to convert over 3000 .m4a files to mp3. I plan to convert it on my external backup drive. Was going to use conversion software to make them all into mp3s and then get the software to delete the old .m4a's once there done. Then delete my entire music partiton on my HDD and then import the new files from my external HDD. Can anyone confirm that im approaching this the right way, as it's a bit new to me. thanks for help

yes, you can use dbpoweramp to do it it even has a batch mode interface to convert a whole drive if you want. it works in multicore so it does a song per core and does it really fast mine is 64x enc. speed on average.

let it run overnight while you sleep or something like that.... it will take a while still if you got over 20+GB but its doable.

ok, will go for it then. hope nothing goes wrong but ive got all my music backed up to another drive aswell, just to be on the safeside. does the program you mention let you choose the output format to MP3 Kilobytes? was thinking about converting it at 192KB, as im struggling for space. Would this bitrate be ok? as I dont want my music quality compromised.

yes it has this:

exzsR.jpg

(I normally have em at 128 on my phone's SD card to save space and have more music)

but 192 is an ok bitrate

and vbr as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom