lost my vista disks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337infamous

In Runtime
I need to format and i lost my disks & serials. Is there any way of retrieving the serials from the one that is installed right now and using a friends disk?

What version of Vista is installed on your system? Is it a full version, upgrade, or OEM install? How does that compare with the disks your friend has?

What version of Vista is installed on your system? Is it a full version, upgrade, or OEM install? How does that compare with the disks your friend has?

It doesn't matter... you can use any version of Vista on any CD... it'll still let you install Vista Ultimate on a Basic CD

Vern,

That is only true of Retail DVD's. The OEM only have that specific version on it. So if they have a OEM of Vista Home Basic and he needs Vista Home Premium it will not work.

Cheers,
Mak

Vern,

That is only true of Retail DVD's. The OEM only have that specific version on it. So if they have a OEM of Vista Home Basic and he needs Vista Home Premium it will not work.

Cheers,
Mak

Dang didn't think of that..

But his friend probably would have the Retail right?

Maybe. If it came with his system then no. But he might. Never was mentioned. Figured i would say that though cause it is important.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom