Lost Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlharker

Beta member
I recently restarted my computer to find the files on my desktop, the recycle bin and any file with a "Folder" icon had lost their icons.
I have tried system restore a few months back but to no avail. I also tried "properties"-"Customize"-"Change Icon". AS a results I could change the icon to something else, but if I tried to give it the original folder icon it was not accepted.

I can't think what might have happened other than the following:
1) I have a virus I cannot detect.
2) The file I accidently added to my "Registry" shortly before may have caused the error.

Help is really appreciated.

Hello,

First i would try TweakUI. That software can rebuild your Icon Cache. Use the first. If that doesnt work we will go thru the process of spyware removal.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks, I'll start trying it now.
Ill post back with progress. :)

It worked! Thank you very much, you've been a great help. :D

Hello,

Glad that it worked. If you have any more questions please stop by again.

Cheers,
Mak

Rebuilding the icon cache will usually fix the problem. Users mostly have the problem when using visual system mods such as the vista transformation pack.
In your case looks like something just messed up :p

Like Mak said, any futher probs let us know ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Are you talking about where you see the folders but ther is no font for them at all. It is just white under them?

Can try TweakUI. But i think there was a Registry fix for this issue.

Are you talking about where you see the folders but ther is no font for them at all. It is just white under them?

Can try TweakUI. But i think there was a Registry fix for this issue.

yes. when I hit repair now in tweakui it does nothing

Alright. I know i seen this before. I just have to find it again and see what the fix was.

All they did was run a check disk. Try that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom