Lost Coast info -Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast info
Gary McTaggart, a Senior Software Engineer for Valve Software who was recently interviewed by a PC Games Hardware magazine, has revealed a bit of info on Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

There will be two quality settings for that level — "Best Quality" & "Lower Quality".

The "Best Quality" setting will require a graphics processor capable of 16-bit Floating Point filtered textures, 16-bit Floating Point targets with alpha bend support, and Shader Model 3.0. The "Lower Quality" setting will require 16-bit Fixed Point filtered textures and Shader Model 2.0 support.

Currently, only the nVidia Geforce 6 series support Shader Model 3.0. It may imply that the upcoming ATi R520 "Fudo" will support Shader Model 3.0 as well.

http://www.hlfallout.net/viewnews.php/7905/

Theres also some nice pictures on that site!!

interesting, so they will support Ps 2.0...cool.

About the new expansion, Aftermath, i saw Alex in the screens. guess she didnt die at the end then lol

It looks like they will support PS2, but it will not look as good. ATI made a grave mistake not including Pixel Shader 3. The reason I hate my X800 Pro now is not because of below par Doom 3 performance, its because of its incompatability with future games.

HOLY MOLEY!!!! THE MOVIE JUST FINISHED AND WOWWWWW!!!!
ITS ONLY 1 MINUTE LONG BUT SO WORTH IT!! DL IT DL IT

beedubaya said:
It looks like they will support PS2, but it will not look as good. ATI made a grave mistake not including Pixel Shader 3. The reason I hate my X800 Pro now is not because of below par Doom 3 performance, its because of its incompatability with future games.

Yea, im pretty angry too. currently, games still look spectacular on my X850 XT, but im still pissed at ATi. They should refund everybody or give us all free R520s. Now thats something to drink to!

About the new expansion, Aftermath, i saw Alex in the screens. guess she didnt die at the end then lol
That or it's before that explosion happened.......

VIII , I don't know if that 160mb was ever officially posted but I've seen it before via beedub or chris, one of them linked it to me....looks nice, can't freakin wait for it to come out.

Yeah beedub posted it in a thread, and I gave you a link because he gave it to me slightly before it was posted (I think)

dhw200 said:
Yea, im pretty angry too. currently, games still look spectacular on my X850 XT, but im still pissed at ATi. They should refund everybody or give us all free R520s. Now thats something to drink to!

Now, I'm not ticked off (that much) that my card doesn't have PS 3.0. The reason why is that it will require a powerful card (somewhere along the lines of an x850xt or two 6800GT's in SLI) to render it with a respectable fram rate. Sure, these people who have 6600gt's and other cards of that nature will be able to render correctly, but at what cost? 5-10fps. Why shove a great new piece of technology into a card that can't display it right?

Its like putting 1GB RAM into a 386. (If it was possible). Sure its possible, but the CPU will bottleneck it to the nth degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom