Lost Coast Benches. How will it perform on your system? Read here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/09/21/lost_coast_benchmark/1.html

Soooo basically you will need 1gb of RAM, a decent CPU and nothing less than a 6600GT if you truly want to be able to play it...they listed a 6600 though not a 6600GT and that was under the '800x600 no aa, no af' catagory so basically it wouldn't look as good.

Near the end they said it runs on their 'bosses' machine which has a 2.2GHz northwood pentium, 1.5gb of RAM and an X850XT or XT PE I forget, but the main point is, is that it will be very GPU taxing...so you won't need an insane FX-57 like they are using to be able to cut it....All 6800GT owners best crank it up to Ultra speeds and beyond :p

I know I'll be setting mine beyond ultra and as soon as my 1gb of RAM gets back I'll be hoping for 1024x768 with 2xAA/8xAF which according to them is a reasonable expectation.

hey nubius!! back in time to see u get 10000 posts :p
looking good, i downloaded a movie of it a while ago.. looks great!

You there! Sif your rubbish wasnt enough! muahahaha

hows it going friend down under.

where have u been...?

Lost Coast is not the expansion pack. Its an extra level for HL2 that will be released for free for HL2 owners. The whole point is to showcase HDR technology.

I think ill be okay as far as performance goes...but we'll have to see

Yeah.. Lost Coast is a demo basically. As far as i'm concerned it's a taste of HDR, if you already purchased HL2, Lost Coast is freee to download. I think it''s a teaser for people to try, then purchase, "Day of Defeat" which uses HDR through-out the game. Which if you like WWII stuff and you like the Source Engine & HAVOK Physics, DOD is a must download. If you pre-ordered it today you'll get 10% off and it's ready to download tomorrow. Actually you can download it today, pre-order it and tomorrow you can decode it and play.

I've done it already and can't wait to play it.

Looks like my GTX is gonna cut through it :D

"...there is no SLI support at the moment for Lost Coast, partly because we couldn't get the driver to recognise our batch script as the HL2.exe application. Expect this to be fixed soon"

I sincerely hope so, current SLI support in Source is dire I've found.

So DOD:S will be out on monday? thats cool. what about Lost Coast? I haven't heard anything about its release date. I'm kind of discouraged that people are JUST NOW recognizing HDR. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory has supported HDR since its shipment in March of 2005. and pretty much nobody got excited about that. :mad:

I am hoping for 1280x1024, no AA. I may have to turn off HDR in order to get it to play at 1280x1024.
Why? You should just try to play it at 1024x768 which is good enough and possibly hope for 2xAA...I'd rather have that over 1280x1024 no AA any day.

So DOD:S will be out on monday? thats cool. what about Lost Coast? I haven't heard anything about its release date. I'm kind of discouraged that people are JUST NOW recognizing HDR. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory has supported HDR since its shipment in March of 2005.
Unless any plans have changed Lost coast and DoD will be released at the same time, both tomorrow...and yeah splinter cell had HDR, but from what I've gathered of Lost Coast, Splinter Cells attempt will suck compared to lost coast..I played splinter cell and honestly wasn't that impressed with it...so we'll just have to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom