looking to get a mac book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude87

Beta member
Some time this next year I am looking at replacing my DELL Inspiron with the macbook. The only time I have ever use a mac was in high school but I want to give them a try cause since I have had Vista I have had problems with blue screens, it uses to much memory, and for the actual pc poorly made disc drives and poorly made software. Microsoft is so high and mighty they must feel like they don't need to make a decent OS or any software to go with it. My only concern with going to a mac is software, does mac offer a software that will convert my DVD's to mp4 for my IPOD? And is there a software that will make exact copies of my DVD collection that will get past the codes (I am talking about my legal DVD collection). Does the mac book come with a DVD/CD burner? And is that in the standard model? My final question is the macbook does it come with top quality parts like when it comes to there disc drive, memory and hard drive? Thanks.

The reason why Vista does not run well is either because you don't have SP1, or it is running on a computer that is not optimized to run vista. Macs have good quality but are way over priced for example:

Here are two similar priced priced laptops one mac one not.

Macbook $1500: Newegg.com - Apple MacBook MB404LL/A Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz 13.3" WXGA 2GB DDR2 667 250GB 5400rpm DVD±R/RW Intel GMA X3100 Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard - Apple Laptops

HP Pavilion $1350: Newegg.com - HP Pavilion dv7-1020us NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P7350(2.00GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm Blu-ray Disc / Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks

Now I think the HP is better because it has a lot better things then the mac has, here they are:

-17inch screen
-4GB RAM
-320GB hard drive
-Blu-ray player/Supermulti
-NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with 512MB dedicated video memory (the video memory in the macbook steals memory from the regular memory)

What the Mac has over the HP

-2.4GHz over 2.0GHz
-Its 5lbs.

I would think that that HP is better because it is cheaper and has mostly better specs, but if you want a mac they are good computers and will last you a while.

I do have SP1 and I run my anti-virus and spyware checks but there are still some problems with both my Dell Inspiron 1501 and my HP media center. And I know that it is only half of microsofts fault the other is the actual pc companies cutting corners when they design the product. Just want to buy a company that has a reputation for quality.

I know this thread is like 2 months old but i upgraded my dell e1505 to the macbook and i have mixed pros and cons....the mac part runs real smooth but there are errors when it gets loaded down. I have vista bootcamped as a seperate drive but....the macbook under bootcamp runs vista like complete crap and if u play a game the display driver WILL fail, but the osx partition is fine. Dont expect to play games on it unless you get a new one though. I think it is great as a work/education cp because it is lightweight and pretty powerful. I agree it is overpriced but depending on what you want out of it work = macbook. Play = vista

p.s hps are good but they overheat badly....id get a better dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom