Looking for a software that can verify specific requirements

Daguerre101

Beta member
Hi,
I work for the City of Whitehorse in Canada. This beautiful city located in the far north is quite isolated. Because of that, we have a lot of interviews that have to be done online through Skype or facetime.
The problem is that sometimes, we have difficulties connecting with the interviewed persons.
We are looking for a software ( or a service coming from a website) that could verify the status of the computer of the interviewed person. For example, the software could check the bandwidth, OS version, browser version of the computer and state if it has the correct requirements for the interview to be done correctly.

I have done that in the past for some online exam that I have done so I know that this exists.
Surprisingly, I have tried for almost 1/2 hour to find such an app on google but to no avail.
I would need your help to find a software that could do that,
Thanks
Dag

Ideally, your candidate should know if their computer meets the requirements or not. I don't know of a software that does both video conferencing and also checks your system status, but you can have the applicant go to sites like the one below and have them copy/paste the report (note: I've never used this site so use with caution).

My Computer Details | System Information | My Sys Info

Also, theoretically, the software won't run on their computer if it doesn't meet the requirements. Same with the video/audio, although that's likely to just be choppy and just horrible quality and not just fail the connection.

You might be better off going with a different solution. We use GoToMeeting where I work and have had good success with it. I believe their starter package is pretty affordable. Most of these services have troubleshooters to help the client get connected, but I don't know of any that will automatically send that info to you- the meeting host.

You might also look at Speccy. It will generate a very detailed profile of their PC, then they can "publish" the profile which uploads it and generates a unique URL. they can send you the URL and you can see the profile. There is a portable version of Speccy that doesn't require install.

Back
Top Bottom