long devision code

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassantaan

Solid State Member
Hi There

please i need the pseudocode of the long devision algorithm of polynomials or the code written in C++. am representing the polynomials as a binary string of onnes and zeros that represent the coefficients of the polnomial.

any help?

thanks

well thats very useful jaeusm..thanks alot ...but i dont like ignorant people ******* around and giving me advices what to do...if you dont know how...just say so and dont be ashamed...you dont need to justify your ignorace by giving stupid advices....by the way...it is not a homework...and it is only a secondary matter in my project
sleep well

but i dont like ignorant people
This is the pot calling the kettle black.

you dont need to justify your ignorace by giving stupid advices
I know. It's such stupid advice to tell someone to stop being lazy and do his own work. What was I thinking?

You didn't ask for help, you just asked for someone to do your work for you. Before you call others "ignorant" and "stupid", you should consider that it doesn't take a genius to use Google.

hassantaan said:
well thats very useful jaeusm..thanks alot ...but i dont like ignorant people ******* around and giving me advices what to do...if you dont know how...just say so and dont be ashamed...you dont need to justify your ignorace by giving stupid advices....by the way...it is not a homework...and it is only a secondary matter in my project
sleep well

This is an extremely easy question - and I am relatively sure that if jaeusm was given this problem, he'd do it in a heart beat. He said that you should do your homework, "not" because he doesn't know how to do it, but b/c it didn't even sound like you seriously attempted to do it.

Typically, when someone posts a question such as this, they will at least show that they made a serious attempt to solve the problem. You just posted the question itself and pretty much asked someone for the solution.

hassantaan said:
am representing the polynomials as a binary string of onnes and zeros that represent the coefficients of the polnomial.

A binary string? What if one of the coefficients is greater than 1? 5x^2+3x+1..

For that matter what if you have more than one variable..

10x^3(y^2) + 10x^2(y^3)+5y^4, etc.

You should state any restrictions on the polynomial (e.g. one variable, etc.) and maybe describe a little bit more about what u meant by you used a "binary" string to represent the polynomial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom