Logitech X-230 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanM

Daemon Poster
Logitech X-230 Problem - REVISED

Hello. In order to give an insight to where my problem may have originated from, I will tell you of my recent issue. Yesterday when I restarted my PC, I logged in to be greeted by a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) within 10-15 seconds of having been logged in. So I rebooted a couple of times and it continued to happen. The next time I logged in, I quickly did ctrl+alt+del and closed all new processes. This was successful in avoiding the BSOD, however, the PC was very slow and unresponsive. Then Avast Anti-Virus started detecting a virus. I started moving them to the Chest and it kept detecting the same virus in all kinds of files: system files, mIRC, iTunes, AIM, MSN, Firefox, even the virus scanner itself.

At first I was just quickly adding all of them to the chest, before I realised something must've been wrong. By then I had accidently added a system file in my haste. The computer froze soon after and I was forced to reboot. Then I was greeted by a BSOD before I could even log in. This counts for safe mode also. I had to do a system restore with the Windows XP disc, and then I was able to log back in. I went into safe mode and virus scanned and found nothing. I then disabled everything in startup in msconfig, and logged in to normal mode successfully. I started virus scanning there and before long I got another BSOD.

My PC was instantly restarting before, so I couldn't get any details. But I turned that option off in boot options when my PC booted, so I wrote down the file in question and went back into safe mode. I searched for the file and the file was part of Avast itself! So, I deleted it, and logged back in normal mode, and my computer was perfectly fine. The problem was an AVG + Avast compatibility issue. It caused some sort of corruption and caused Avast to go berserk, saying viruses were in everything when in fact there wasn't any viruses to begin with.

So, my problem I'm about to describe could've originated from two areas: The Windows recovery, or the virus scanner deleting / messing up something important.

After this ordeal, my right speaker started producing a crackling sound. The speakers themselves are fine; I tested them on my iPod. I also reinstalled the RealTek AC'97 Codec, but it didn't seem to do anything. I have no idea what I need to do to get my right speaker to stop crackling! My motherboard is an MSI K8N Neo4-F if that may help. Thanks in advance.

did you use the drivers from your motherboards CD?

DO NOT use ANY other drivers from ANY where no matter if they are up to date or not. AC'97 is extremely PICKY.

Yet another reason to get a soundcard. Even a $20 el cheapo from ebay would be better than your onboard.

Heh, thank you. I was using some I downloaded >_<.

Well, that's a problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom