Logins to certain websites are extremely slow

buckman341

In Runtime
Problem: Logins to certain websites like my bank, credit card, at&t, gmail, etc, are extremely slow. The rest of my internet browsing is extremely fast.

To the best of my knowledge I have no viruses or spyware. Spybot shows nothing. I am running an up to date version of Norton 360 Premier. I did just upgrade some hardware in my computer including the new Asus Sabertooth mobo, CPU and RAM. Everything went fine with that. Just to reiterate, the rest of my web browsing and gaming is extremely fast with no hiccups. No packet loss.

Any ideas where I can look to solve this problem?

Sorry should have mentioned that. This problem is actually occurring with both Firefox 13.0.1 and Internet Explorer 9. I have recently cleaned both cache through the browser, would CCleaner do a better job?

Well, CCleaner would clear out more than cache. It cleans out Temporary Internet files, history, cookies, etc. You have nothing to loose.

Actually correction, I'm running Internet Explorer 8.0 and when I tried to upgrade to 9.0 I got a "failure configuring windows update" and it rolled back the installation... odd. Related?

And no difference with CCleaner used btw. Made sure Java was up to date also.

Could be your AV checking the sites in the background. Therefore, causing the lag. Don't login to your bank account or anything, but try loading the page with your Norton disabled.

Disabled firewall, AV, and also "safe web" in the settings. Makes no difference really, still incredibly slow on the aforementioned sites.

I have a similar problem. Dell 830 will hook-up to wireless router w/o problem, open Opera w/o problem, from there takes FOREVER to get to web site, mostly will not make it. Help please, Win xp pro sp3, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, T7500@ 2.20GHz, 3.00 GB of Ram.

Are you running any type of filtering software? For example, when you access a web page, in some cases, you are downloading content from several sources. Possibly anti-malware or filtering malfunctioning causing some of the content such as the style sheets not to load?

If you know how to examine HTTP traffic, you could use browsers such as Chrome, IE 9, or Firefox which you can install debugging tools to see what's happening

Back
Top Bottom