Logical Drive Deleted. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairuza

Baseband Member
I wanted to remove partitions on an internal storage drive and reformat it to NTFS. I moved all the data to a safe place, then I deleted the partitions, through the Computer Management, in the Administrative Tools.

I deleted the partition, but the disk still appeared divided into 2, so I deleted the logical drive...

Now I cannot find this drive anywhere in My Computer but it is showng up in Device Manager. In Disk Management, it shows up at the bottom as 'Disk0' but not in the list above.

If I look at the properties, it says "This device is working properly".
Well, no - it ain't... Because I can't even see it in My Computer! So how can it be "working properly"?

I tried making a new partition but my computer shut down and restarted. Then it said "The system has recovered from a serious error".

I want to format it and put data on. What do I do next?

You have to go back to the Disk Management screen and right click then select format. The drive will not appear in Explorer in its current state cause it is considered RAW and Windows doesnt recognize this type of drive. Format it and it will show up.

Moved to Windows. Not a hardware issue.

I can't see how to format it. When I right-click, that option isn't there. It just says: "New Partition...", "Properties" and "Help".

Like I said, it's showing at the bottom (Disk 0 Basic 76.33 GB Online - and in the box it says 76.33 GB Unallocated) but it's not showing up in the list above.

So what do I do?

Have I wrecked it? Will I need to buy a new hard disk?

Select New Partition. After that it will give you the format options. You have to create a partition to format. You said yourself that you had to delete the partition to get this far. Have to create what you have deleted. ;)

Oh, thank you, Mak! That's brilliant - and so simple.

Thanks for replying so soon, as well.

I had tried it before but I had selected 'quick format' which I didn't do this time. Also, I made sure my browser was exited and changed the partition size to a tiny bit less than the allowed size. That probably wasn't necessary, but the drive is showing up healthy again.

F -x-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom