Locking my HTML Code??

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
i am doing web design for where i work, they already have a web master but he sucks so they are sliding me in to do his job, while 90% of it while he does just the simple things.

We have our own web server which we both have access to, to up load files. well he is starting to take credit for my work and using my page designs for his areas and saying he created it.

So is there a way i can Lock my pages so they can not be edited with out a password? or anything similar that someone may know of so that only i can use what i create. so that even if you were to download my html pages from our server when you go to open them up in a HTML editor it requires a password or something along those lines.

Thanks guys.

Does he have access to the server? You can make the file read only and add comment and meta tags to show your ownership but if he also has access, he can undo it.

The easiest solution would be to tell him to stop taking credit for your work

Thanks for the replies. and motoxer thanks for the link, thats what i do now to create my pages which is nice because those spots can only be edited with the "master page". but i figured there wouldnt be a way to password protect it. that would be a good idea for software i think.

Yea King - I think i did find some software, but since you are just starting out i didnt know if you wanted to spend any money. Oh well, I hope everything works out.

nah im not just starting out, ive been doing web design for ever for many companies. ive just never needed the ability to lock my pages, never thought it would be a problem. but please let me know what youve found.

I am with Greg, but I would go one step further. I would tell him your going to smash his f***'n skull in w/a brick if he ever steals from you again.

Cheers,
williwaw

Just add a very polite comment line say
<--Dear (whoever it is) please stop taking credit for my pages, we are ment to be in on this together , now go make your own designs , yours ,(yourname)>

And see what he says ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom