Linux or JavaScript?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_geekster

Solid State Member
I want to make a game and put it on the internet. first, and most important, Should i use linux or javascript to make it. I know linux is more secure because you have to give it a command before it can access the kernel, but i find javascript easier. Which one?

And 2, how do i put linux or javascript (whicever you suggest) into an xhtml document?
Any and all help is appreciated.

Linux is an operating system, not a programming language. You're not going to put it into an xhtml document on the web. So, to answer your question, by process of elimination, you're going to have to use javascript.

Javascript isn't very good for creating games. Unless you're making a very basic game, you might want to try and learning something like java.

Don't be discouraged, JavaScript is perfect for this sort of thing. It might not have the speed capabilities of other languages, but it can be employed to make simple games that you can embed onto your webpages.

Add on to this Q........ What is a simple Java Compiler/devlopment kit? I have Net Beans but setting up simple Java programs to learn is fustrating, with the stupid project crap.

I've tried QuickCup, but can't get Javac to run.

Thanks

jaeusm said:
If you would rather use a text editor than an IDE like NetBeans, try TextPad.

Thats what I'm trying, but I can compile them. Niether can I open them in a IDE and do it.

Sadly, I'm teaching myself java, and the book i'm using says: "just type javac 'file' to compile." Books alittle older so, that doesn't work :(

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom