Leaving computer on overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine is on almost all the time.

dont notice much on the power bill.

parts are cheap and i don't think it hurts them anyway.

desiboi said:
Keep it on, when it slows down, reboot it. When you are in heavy debt, don't even think of going on it. Buy CFLs. They are special energy saving light bulbs, 13 Watts=60 Watts.

Yep I have replaced all the lights on this floor virtually with 13 watt flourscent. And my entire PC and DJ area is liten up by 3 7watt lights.

You guys are really not power smart

For leaving the PC on, I measured my PC and it does just under 200 watts on idle. That's alot of power, but your not really going to notice anything on your power bill

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yep I have replaced all the lights on this floor virtually with 13 watt flourscent. And my entire PC and DJ area is liten up by 3 7watt lights.

You guys are really not power smart

For leaving the PC on, I measured my PC and it does just under 200 watts on idle. That's alot of power, but your not really going to notice anything on your power bill

Here in columbus, AEP (electric company) are crooks.

in the the summer, the same power usage cost twice as much in the summer, meaning what costs 100.00 a month in the winter, cost 200.00 in the summer.

in the winter, I leave everything on because the bill will be around 100.00 a month regardless, whether my stuff is on or off. one year I Have my 3 A/C units on all summer long(with everything else on too). I have a 200 a month electric bill.

the next year we leave the A/C units in the basement and turn all of the computers and other electrical item off to save money on the bill. no luck our bill was still 200.00 a month. I tried to get them investigated, but nobody would listen to me.

this past summer I learn I could shave that extra 100 a month by hanging my clothes outside instead of using the dryer. go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom