Learning Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you learn PHP first? It all depends on the task at hand, JavaScript is probably going to be used sooner and more widely than PHP, not to mention that it's easier to learn....so why not learn JavaScript first, then PHP?

well, i would say that php can do just about everything is a overstatement (no offence to any of you php coders, as i am still one myself :D).. even in it's native domain (web based app) it's can't do everything.. i have learnt continuation programming, and i haven't seen php supporting such a powerful technique that can slash development time and programming stress in half :D Though, php would be still a first language for beginners,, mainly because it's supported by just about every hosting service (paid, u'd be hard presed to find one giving u for free).. also it's nice slacker syntax that gets you up quickly with min fuss.. it also provide a relatively more powerful abstractions than java and languages of that ilk... mmm.. what do you do after your php code? perl of course, then python if u got the time.. don't forget ruby on rails is also a good choice.. finally, if you still haven't got enough.. google Uncommon Web :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom