laptop speakers not working on internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryc86

In Runtime
It seems to be a setting that got messed up because the speakers themselves are fine. I'm listening to my rhapsody music on them right now with no problem. But whenever I try to play a game through the internet or try to load and watch a youtube or other video there is no audio. Neither does there seem to be any audio on my webcam recordings. I tested it a couple of times. The second issue may or may not be my internal microphone but none of my video recordings have any sound on them. I checked and the drivers are fine, so I'm not sure what happened. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to fix the sound on the internet (firefox)?

Could be a codec issue. Have you installed any codec packs or anything?

I don't think so. I don't even know what those are, so unless I could do it by accident.

that worked for internet, thanks. still doesn't explain the webcam though.

okay so that worked for a little while anyways. Firefox sound is not working again. It works on my opera browser but I don't like using opera full-time. So I'm reinstalling firefox yet again, but I'm not sure why it worked for less than a day.

well now I'm only able to use audio on other browsers. re-installing firefox doesn't work anymore. The first 2 times I re-installed it it worked for a short time. Now it doesn't work right from the beginning.

Could be a hardware issue where the speakers are failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom