Laptop/OS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

charl11

Beta member
Hi everyone,

Not sure this is the right section to post this. I have a Samsung R510 laptop with Vista operating system.

Earlier I left my laptop running while I went to do something, at the time there were mutiple MSN conversations open. When I returned, the computer had frozen, everything looked normal but I couldn't click on anything, so I turned it off. When I turned it back on, it got stuck on the 'Microsoft Coperation' page with the green loading bars. I turned it off again and pressed F8 and selected 'safe mode' it said 'windows is loading files' there were a list of files and then at the bottom it said 'please wait' again it got stuck here for ages. Everytime it boots up and I select 'start windows normally' it just restarts back to the beginning.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
C

I hate to say it, usually if a pc will not bbot up in safe mode....that is a bad sign
you might want to find the manufacturer of your hard drive, go to their web site and download their free tools to test the hard drive. If it tests ok, you may want to consider your options. One of which is to copy your data off with your hard drive connected to a desktop, then put back in the notebook and reimage w/ your dvd that came w/ your notebook.

did you have anti virus software... something like NOD32, not one of the free ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom