Laptop - O&O question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhitley

Beta member
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway.

When I try to download O&O's defragging program it says I need to have Windows 2000/Xp or better running for it to complete the installation.

As you can tell by the screen shot below, I am indeed using Windows Vista but it's the 64 bit version. Could that cause any problems with it working/installing?? Anyone else having this problem/have any solutions?

Thanks much

-J Whitley. :nerd:

Moved this to Software.

Hmm...I don't have much experience with Vista 64-bit. If you right click the program executable and go to "Properties" is there a compatibility tab you can set for Windows 2000 or XP? That may help. The developer may also have a patch for Vista 64-bit on their website that you can install.

Hello,

If the program is designed for Windows 2000 or XP you better NOT install it on Vista 64 Bit. All you will do is corrupt the install and be forced to reinstall.

Even compatibility mode will not allow the software to install correctly and work correctly. You will end up getting BSOD's and many more errors.

There are plenty of Defrag's out there that work on Vista. Get one that is compatible.

Cheers,
Mak

Moved this to Software.

Hmm...I don't have much experience with Vista 64-bit. If you right click the program executable and go to "Properties" is there a compatibility tab you can set for Windows 2000 or XP? That may help. The developer may also have a patch for Vista 64-bit on their website that you can install.

Nah, I can't even get it to install. There isn't an exe cause it fails during installation.

I guess I can try that defrag program. I was just hoping for O&O cause of its good reviews.

Thanks though guys,

-J Whitley ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom