Landlord Denying Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you're not paying for the internet through the cable company (that's called STEALING), you have no recourse as far as contacting them.

But, the suggestion of siccing the landlord's ISP on him is a good one.

lol.. i think he IS paying for the cable internet.. the landlord just sabotaged it with a filter like shown.. thats how i udnerstood it anyways.. if he's not paying the cable company then, meh! (afaik, you CAN'T steal internet.. you can steal cable, just not internet..)

.. i meant you can't steal it directly, not talkin about open wifis

thats the filter, orn he was messing with the box, go to the ISP, tell them what hes pulling off, and tell them the story, and also, tell his ISP about the T1

telll her to lok for another apartment

actually, is it working again, ive seen cases whare the cable outside is the culprit, but go in, replace the filters with cheapos, and tell the cable company hes ****ing with thare ****

actually, go to radio shack, and also, what are the connections

is it male in and female out, or is it female female

tell me

i used to work for a minor cable company

and also, that is the filter, he did break in, normally teh cable people put the splitter outside the building,

find out what T1 provder he has, and tell them, and tell them hes reselling it guranteeing a higer rate of speed than they provde, and also, tell them that a huge underground file sharing network is going on in that network

than hes royally ****ed

I work for a Major Cable Company and the only filter that would have anything to do with the connection is a trap to keep internet subscribers from recieving video, it only lets in the modem signal. If you have a modem and got it from the cable company it SHOULD work.
Make sure the modem line runs off the very first split in the cable box, not off a 3 or 4 way. Use a 2-way spliter, 1 leg to the modem and the other leg to the splitter for the video. That will insure you have an open return path with the least interference. Thats common practice for modem installation and they don't tell you all of that when they hand you a self install kit, thats where alot of our service calls come from. :)

Also the Trap that is on your line now sounds like a "Limited Basic" trap. All that does is give you the lowest amount af cable channels like 22 channels instead of 78 which is very common if the landlord is paying for the cable. This wouldn't have anything to do with the internet though, it doesn't block the modem channel which is usually 107 or 116.
I wouldn't remove this trap, that a can get you into trouble ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom