kaspersky pure for 64 bit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICKYPETUNIA

Baseband Member
Hi,

Wondering if there is now a "kaspersky pure" program that runs 64 bit applications, etc? If so, does anyone know the exact name of it?

AND/OR...

Is the 2012 version out yet? (trying to figure out the newest one out there, plus the one that will work completely with my 64bit)

Thanks!

But I love kaspersky the most out of any other program. My computer does both 32 and 64 bit. My win 7 is 64 bit. But what if I were to run all programs on 32 bit while on the 64bit windows??

Is that even possible? What would happen, if anything?

Thanks again.

hmm some will run some wont i had avast 32bit and ran fine now when 64bit came out it runs even better but for sure almost all antivirus now adays are 64bit just go 64bit on all that you can :)

Thanks for replying, Zantiszar!

I have a subsequent question now, though (and this may be for anyone that reads this page) Here goes:

Is the greatest kaspersky (which is supposedly the kaspersky pure) (which also does not have full 64 bit coverage) the best system for a win 7 64 bit OS, because like I wrote, I do so love kaspersky. Or would there be better suited programs out there for a win 7 64 bit OS needing security? (I also will be needing to buy a password manager and android security.) But again, I don't know if I like or feel secure that kaspersky pure can only work with some 64 bit applications and not others.

Thanks for your help. :)

Been doing some research...

Does anyone know what the slight differences are between kaspersky pure and kaspersky pure 2nd release?

And secondly, since I already have about 180 days left on kaspersky internet security, would those 180 days be applied to the 365 days that come with kaspersky pure??

These sound like questions that you should be asking Kaspersky themselves.

Hi everybody,

I did talk to Kaspersky and here's what I found out:

The difference between Kaspersky PURE and PURE release 2 is that, as always, some new kinks have been worked out

When Kaspersky states that it does not run 64 bit applications, the only application that doesn't work according to representatives is the virtual keyboard. :( However, this bug will be addressed in the next updated version

Currently, you cannot buy Pure through Kaspersky - only Pure 2nd release

The big plus: buy Pure, and all new updates, yearly upgrades, etc. are installed for you when they come out and for FREE! That means if you buy Pure 2011 now, in 6 months you will receive a download link to get Pure 2012 - as part of the deal - without paying anything for the new year's edition.

There is even a trial download for Pure.

If you already have the anti-virus or internet security, you do lose those 30 days of trial, but then you may re-enter your license number and still use your original program, just 30 day minus the original amount of days you had remaining on your license.

If you choose Pure, and you still have days left on your anti-virus or internet security, you are allowed to transfer the software to a friend or someone else who could use it, by giving them the activation key, and they may use it until they're done. It will transfer just fine, reps said.

Now, I'll be a sales person for them! If you purchase the latest pure through Kaperpsky before June 30, 2011, you get $20 off the $89.95 price, plus mobile security for you android phone or blackberry for a year!!! Right now, all purchases are made for 3 users.

I'm going for that trial! Good luck everyone who reads this and likes it! It does sound really great! And thanks for everybody's help!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom